I don’t ask a lot from my readers very often, but today is one of those days where I’m trying to crowdsource some information about South African culture, subculture and all-round coolness.
Here’s a list of questions:
- Are there any cool or emerging forms of dance going on in SA? For example in the USA there were two styles that were called krumping and jerkin’… do we have any hot emerging dance genres?
- What is the most intriguing musical sounds coming out of SA? (Send me links or names or connections!)
- What is the street art scene like? Do you know any artists that are looking at the street canvas different? For example Banksy in the UK?
- What is an odd young trend that is going on in SA that is becoming a movement of diversity? For instance there was a cool movement of Black skateboarders in the USA about 5 years ago. Where previously skating was predominantly white in the States.
- Do you know of a young Pro Social organization doing anything amazing or different in how they approach a solution to a problem?
Those are the questions, please email me or post comments if you have any info on any of the questions above.
Popularity: 6% [?]