I am a bit slow on the uptake with this incredible campaign headed up by Primedia (Who are doing some amazingly pro-SA things).
Lead SA is a call to action for all South Africans to stand up and Lead South Africa by being a real part of the solution.
From the website:
… [Lead SA] aims to highlight the achievements of the nation and celebrate the efforts of ordinary South Africans who continually seek to do the right thing for themselves, for their families and for their country.
Lead SA encourages individuals to stand up and accept responsibility for the challenges they face. The Lead SA initiative is a long term project that is set to be rolled out over the next few years. Through the small steps of individuals the nation will improve and prosper.
How do they plan to do this?
As a South African, you have the resilience and passion needed to change the nation. It may seem like a huge responsibility and an impossible task, but it’s certainly achievable if you choose to simply do the right thing. Together we can achieve immeasurable success.
Here are a few simple ways to become a proactive leader:
1. Stand up for what’s right. If you’ve had a glass too many, let a designated driver take you home.
2. Stand up to corruption. Don’t bribe.
3. Stand up for morality. Report crime.
4. Stand up for your community. Get to know your neighbours.
5. Stand up against indifference. Take an interest in those around you.
6. Stand up for free speech. Listen to the other side.
7. Stand up for your future. Respect the environment.
8. Stand up for education. Read to your children.
9. Help instead of Hinder. Say yes when asked to do a favour, don’t look for excuses.
10. Acknowledge goodness. When you have something good to say, say it.
The above 10 instructions are things that I have been banging on about for years and it’s great to finally see a big media organisation jumping in to potential solutions and pushing an attempt at change.
This is the promotional video from the website:
- The First Article Of Its Kind
Popularity: 3% [?]