In an absolutely nail-biting finish the Springboks took on and defeated the British & Irish Lions to take home a series victory. 2 matches, 2 wins. That’s good odds.
The Bokke played an absolutely terrible match in the first half with the likes of Schalk Burger being sent off within the first minute of play for gauging someones eye. I expect more of a player of Burger’s capability (I struggle to say class as that was most definitely not classy Schalk).
But the heroes of the evening were Peter de Villiers’ replacements, Morne Steyn and Heinrik Brussouw played the games of their lives to make it very difficult for Mr Burger and Ruaan Pienaar to get back in to the starting line-up. And rightfully so. It’s time that players learned that it is not their right to play in the starting line-up, it is earned.
Nevertheless with no time on the clock and South Africa behind, Morne Steyn, the drop-kick master stood up and slotted a 52 metre penalty to secure the game.
Nice one Bokke.
- Bok fan in Soweto – Brilliantly funny [Video]
- Boks win, Bafana through and Proteas… they still lost.
- Francois Steyn monster drop goal against Clermont
- SA crowned IRB World Sevens Series Champions
- South Africa top team in Rugby and Cricket rankings
Popularity: 3% [?]