It’s been ten years in the making but South Africa have finally won the IRB Sevens Series.
The final pool standings looked as follows:
South Africa finished on 132 points, Fiji were second on 102, England ended with 98, fourth-placed New Zealand had 88, Argentina 68, and sixth-placed Kenya 64.
South Africa finished the season with victories in Dubai, George, and Adelaide, while England won in Wellington and London, Fiji took victory in Hong Kong and Edinburgh, and Argentina won in San Diego.
SA also reached the final of the Cup in Hong Kong and Edinburgh, the semi-finals of the Cup competitions in San Diego and London, and won the Plate competition in Wellington.
South Africa have played consistent rugby and took the overall points championship in the tournament. This off the back of the Bulls victory in the Super 14 Final.
- Boks win, Bafana through and Proteas… they still lost.
- South Africa top team in Rugby and Cricket rankings
- Vodacom Blue Bulls win Super 14
- Springboks defeat British & Irish Lions
- Should the Springbok emblem stay or go?
Popularity: 2% [?]