Thanks to 2oceansvibe I finally found some photos of expats voting abroad in London:
Here’s the text that accompanied the photos:
I’m sure you’ll get a few of these today but here are a couple of pics of voters queuing up outside South Africa House in London this morning for the first ever overseas vote in the SA elections. A historic moment.
I took the photo at 8.55pm just after casting my vote. The voting station opened at 7am – I arrived at 7.10am and just over 1h30m later cast my vote. Hopefully it will make a difference!
I echo Seth’s response: Well done to all expats who are making the effort to vote. Good on you.
More photographs can be seen over at Ideate.co.za. Great to see more images coming through and the masses of queues at the voting polls.
- South Africans voting in London [video]
- Saffas marching in London
- Shocking expat response: Elections 2009
- Voting abroad in the 2009 elections – the official word
- An expats views on voting abroad
Popularity: 4% [?]