Well, the statue of Madiba at Nelson Mandela Square is all dressed up for the 2010 World Cup. As you can see below he is wearing a lovely yellow football jersey!
It might be something “small” in terms of marketing and promotion but I think it’s a fantastic idea considering the amount of people in general and tourists in specific who take their picture with the massive and interestingly proportioned Madiba Statue.
Good work I think. Very nice.
- The Big Picture – Soccer in South Africa
- South Africa ROCKED The 2010 FIFA World Cup
- 2010 countdown – 1 year and Zuma kicks off
- Volunteers come forward for 2010 World Cup
- Bafana Bafana wash the All-Whites
Popularity: 5% [?]