I often moan and rant about how globalised our society has become. This is evident in the number of chain food stores that exist all over the world and in SA.
We’ve got many generic foods that crop up, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza this and that and the next thing. But one thing that SA has that I absolutely adore is fantastically local food that seems to be relatively undiscovered by the masses and tourists.
Zoopy.com went in to Soweto to the shopping centre and tried out some local cuisine. Have a look:
- Wimpy cracks open it’s 500th store
- Global Pizza Challenge – get your entries in now
- Soweto: Hector Pieterson, Holiday Inn, Nambisa and Kliptown
- Wine Country in Paarl, who’d have thought?
- Online shopping is SA – A comprehensive guide
Popularity: 9% [?]