This seems to be a trustworthy document that appears to be for South African’s wishing to vote abroad.
So what you’ll need to do is the following:
1. See if you qualify to vote abroad by visiting the IEC website.
To be eligible to vote there is one major prerequisite: You need to already be registered as a voter.
2. Download this form. <- click on the text to start download.
3. Fill in the form.
4. Send it off to the IEC BEFORE FEBRUARY 27th 2009 – THIS IS EXTREMELY NB. YOU HAVE 4 DAYS TO COMPLETE THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY.
5. You will then be eligible to vote at your nearest mission according to the IEC website. This, in my opinion, means your nearest embassy. But for more info about your nearest SA mission download THIS FORM <- click the link to download the list.
6. Vote on April 15th 2009.
I’m not particularly impressed with the deadlines put in place. Let’s hope this all works out for the best. If you are abroad and reading this please email these steps on to your friends, post the link to this post on your Facebook status, tweet these links and call someone to let them know. Just spread the word and be as proactive as possible.
- Shocking expat response: Elections 2009
- Registered Expat voters allowed to vote abroad
- South Africans voting in London [video]
- Are you registered to vote in the 2009 elections?
- Voting abroad in the 2009 elections – the official word
Popularity: 4% [?]