Today I went to my nearest IEC registration station and changed my registration details from Grahamstown to Johannesburg.
The process was simple, the queues were managed well, the forms were readily available, everything worked perfectly.
I was chatting to someone yesterday who made a really valid point, this is the first time (out of the three) that I have gone to register and have had people actually talking about politics, registration and voting, alot. It’s great to hear, great to see and fantastic to know that politics is no longer one of the things you never bring up at a dinner party.
- Are you registered to vote in the 2009 elections?
- South Africans abroad have the right to vote!!!
- You need to vote because we need democracy
- My thoughts on Shikota, the SANC and the SADC
- You can register to vote in weekday office hours
Popularity: 2% [?]