I just read a post with some interesting results on Engadget. Basically, 61% of Americans that participated in the poll and were old enough to vote (18) said that they would vote via SMS. 8 out of 10 (80%) of people who participated and were under the age of 18 said that they would also vote with their phones.
In a country (SA) struggling with voter apathy and overwhelmed with mobile activity I think this is a very interesting question.
I think that if I had almost 100% certainty that the voting polls on my cellphone were above board and would work then I would probably vote via SMS.
- Why you should vote explained in one paragraph
- Are you registered to vote in the 2009 elections?
- Saffas marching in London
- REGISTER and then VOTE. It’s your right.
- Should political parties be allowed to advertise?
Popularity: 2% [?]