I was very saddened to hear about Eendrag’s third story burning down and the roof collapsing. I know from my time in Res that I kept many of my memories in my residence. Not only my physical possessions but many of my experiences and lessons were created and learned in my residence. Life was grand back then.
We had fire drills at least twice a term. Luckily so too had the students in Eendrag and apparently close on 300 students were evacuated from the building in under 4 minutes. Brilliant stuff.
However the moving acts of kindness occurred after the event. All of the students were left without a roof over their heads. Not for long as Stellenbosch locals stepped up and offered their spare beds, couches, flats, chalets and any accommodation they could to the homeless students. That is incredible. That warms my heart. That makes me proud. Humanity is intact, South Africa is intact and we will all be OK if there are people like this in SA.
- We walked, we talked and it was great – Discovery/702 Walk The Talk
- Stand-up comedy in SA – What’s with the race thing?
- The long-long-long table of Melville
- South African Team Wins Super 14 2007
- Madame Zingara – The best sit-down dinner show in South Africa
Popularity: 7% [?]