The 5th World Summit on Media for Children is being held in South Africa this year. You may be asking what the 5WSMC is? Let me try and answer that question for you.
The Foundation is a not-for-profit public company incorporated in Victoria, Australia. The 5WSMC is organised by the Children and Broadcasting Foundation for Africa, in partnership with SABC, Icasa, and the Department of Communications and with support from Telkom and the MDDA. It was put in place to promote the values and goals of the World Summit. Some of these goals are listed below:
- To draw to the attention of key players in media globally the importance of children’s media issues.
- To encourage continental and global collaboration on the production of programme content.
- To ensure that media plays an active role in the social development of youth, with a focus on HIV and AIDS.
As I said, the above are just some of the goals of the foundation. visit the goals and objectives section of 5WSMC site to get the full list.
Participants in the summit include many child delegates who will benefit from various workshops taking place throughout the summit. Various youth parliaments will be given time to present and discuss various issues and according to the Agenda on the website Obesity, HIV/Aids and many other issues will be raised in regard to the media.
- President Mbeki Addresses the Nation
- SABC to compete with CNN and BBC
- A competition for SA’s innovation heroes
- Ruda Leaves Carte Blanche
- SA Leading Africa In AIDS Plans – Manto Is Not
Popularity: 1% [?]